23rd October 2017 will have been a year, since I quit the position of assistant designer, closing the hydroengineering part of my life.
It was a big lost for me to leave a satisfactory job, fulfilling my ambitious …
Nevertheless, it was as it happened.
You need to find conclusions from the lesson and create yourself in a new reality.
Thy is why I called it balance, which may save you possible disappointment.
5 things I owe my previous employer:
- ability to work in the profession, in the specialization I studied at the university of technology,
- being in many projects related to hydroengineering, as well as industrial constructions, geotechnics, foundation or environmental protections,
- learning new skills as an universal worker, becoming apart from being an assistant designer a secretary, provider, accounting clerk, even cook,
- taking part in conferences and meetings,
- making friends with people I have never expected to be close to me before.
5 necessary things, which let you go to work willingly:
- joining a good team,
- getting equal treatment from the employer,
- equal sharing responsibilities,
- money for all employees according to the employment contract at the same time,
- good working conditions to employees.
5 things that will keep your conscience clean:
- don’t expect recognition from the boss – after all, work is your duty,
- make your work above the private life,
- don’t blame yourself for failures in your company,
- be responsible with identifying yourself with the company,
- most responsibilities lie solely within competence of your boss, so don’t try to be too “good” competent.
5 truths and more from business life:
- you always become bad and inappropriate employee, whenever giving boss the termination of job agreement,
- the more you show that you are capable to do, the more work will get,
- when you agree to work after hours or express your availability on a weekend at least once, this occasionality will turn into an obvious for the boss routine,
- work according to your conscience, so that you never have anything to complain about yourself,
- it is wonderful if you are kind – hearted but it would be much better to be tough and assertive,
- never be tolerant for job’s absurdity,
- the boss is not God, only human, and you are not a slave,
- the expression “you must” is just a form of intimidation of you. It is much better if you want to do something.
Think about it. Hope it would help you to be reasonable employee.